Aux Beauty Campaign!

all i ask in terms of logo colors is that they have a lot of contrast - i know logos with very slightly different shades look good on your monitor, but on my old laptop’s 750p screen they look messy and blurry. elegant shades of similar colors should be used in artwork, but probably not logos. also, if it doesn’t show up on a pen, it doesn’t show up on a little screen.

sorry if my words come off as aggressive. you’re doing great, but you may want to make sure that high contrast is applied consistently and liberally.

2 Likes

That’s a good call, maybe even throw it into GitHub - auxolotl/branding: Branding resources for Aux.

1 Like

@axel you’ll get push access to auxolotl/branding if you join @committee_marketing on gh

2 Likes

What do you think about this one?
I made it dual-tone, and the contrast as been increased from 1.59:1 to 2.36:1

Here is a side-by-side:

9 Likes

ooh i really like that!

1 Like

Do we want text on the wallpaper? :thinking:

#B24659 (feet, gills)
#E99696 (body, head)

(May I add that it might be cool to know under which terms are they licensed since I would love to share some of them)

Just trying something out with this :thinking:

9 Likes

all logos made by me and shared here are GPL 3.0 or later. the branding repo is under GPL 3.0 as well.

3 Likes

Since its not code would it not be better to licence under cc by 4.0 for example.

A good place I look for licence is here Non-Software Licenses | Choose a License, and it contains short summaries of what it permits and what it disallows.

2 Likes

CC-BY-SA 4.0 then, as well. i may ask jake if i can selectively license logos + assets as cc-by-sa-4.0 in the branding repo

That is possible. It would be cool to make it a flake too lol.

1 Like

Trying some simple shape as a background, with a blue tone to contrast with the axolotl and remain the aquatic theme

13 Likes

Really liking the minimalism here. maybe a slight bg color change could be nice though. Also a light version for light mode users cough @minion cough

2 Likes

i’m mostly waiting on Aux Color Scheme to make more colored versions

6 Likes

sips latte thanks Coded

4 Likes

I’ll take a look, do you know what the name of that setting may be?

Playing around with some ideas of lambdas and axolotl theme

2 Likes
1 Like