Possible New Member Concerns & Clarifications

Agreed, here is not the place for it, but we should recognize moving past the bootstrapping stage of the project that a moderator unilaterally determining the truth on a controversial (and opinion laced) topic isn’t (in my opinion) conducive to reducing conflict.

@aidan

First, welcome to the Discourse! Next time if you could, instead of commenting on a resolved thread just make a new one.

If you (and @jakehamilton) could, I think it would be good to delete your messages from the CoC and inclusion thread so we can start fresh here.

I’d like to address your concerns, and I don’t mind reviewing/explaining what was already discussed, or making sure that you feel heard if there’s a new concern.

To get started @aidan, I could use an ELI5 version of this quote since its a bit abstract for me.

moving past the bootstrapping stage of the project that a moderator unilaterally determining the truth on a controversial

Allow me to transfer the messages.

1 Like

Well it did prove to some extent to be an organized coup attempt

sorry for reviving the thread, just saw it and didn’t see how long ago the posts were

It was not and we will not be relitigating this here.

5 Likes

Agreed, here is not the place for it, but we should recognize moving past the bootstrapping stage of the project that a moderator unilaterally determining the truth on a controversial(and opinion laced) topic isn’t (in my opinion) conducive to reducing conflict.

Again, we will not be relitigating this. Please consider this a formal warning in accordance with our Code of Conduct.

https://www.contributor-covenant.org/version/2/1/code_of_conduct/

A decision has already been made here and we do not intend to return to the moderation quagmire that was the Nix forums.

7 Likes

I’m not pushing for litigation of that topic. I am pushing for recognizing the risk of allowing a unilateral declaration of truth. If this(like with Jon) is just one extraneous circumstance that’s one thing- but that doesn’t mean we can’t recognize a risk of perpetuating that.

Hey Jeff, I appreciate you wanting to engage in discussion, but I don’t think this topic will have any positive use. The other thread is resolved and the topic at hand is fairly contentious. If possible, I’d prefer we move forward instead and focus on building Aux.

7 Likes

I agree with Jake building Aux comes first! I do also believe open discussion on how moderation is done is important. But I definitely understand wanting to let the tension cool on this issue. This is Jake’s house, I’m happy to discuss it when it’s more conducive to the development of the project

5 Likes

3 Likes