Matrix Moderation

Let’s figure out the details for managing a Matrix instance. This would also include bridging for at least a Discord server.

3 Likes

I think mjolnir or similar is a good start for moderation, specific rules would have to be discussed but I imagine we’ll stay in the lines of Contributor Covenant.

1 Like

I second Mjolnir. It’s great.

1 Like

Also, @jakehamilton is the matrix server going to be synapse or conduit?
If the decision hasn’t been made already, I’d like to vote for conduit. :raised_hand:

Synapse has a recurring bug that the devs don’t seem to be interested in fixing. I know communities that get their rooms locked because of that bug and they can’t really do anything to fix it aside from moving to a new room and losing a sizeable chunk of their users.

4 Likes

Isn’t there a soft(?)-fork of conduit called conduwit? I think I’ve saw it at TWM. Maybe we can also consider it an option.

1 Like

A decision hasn’t been made yet, but I was already leaning towards conduit. I’ve had bad experiences trying to run Synapse and Dendrite in the past.

4 Likes

We should move this to the other thread, this is about moderation. Also, I think that this thread should be paused or locked for now, because a decision hasn’t been made on bridging the discord server or if we’re using matrix at all.

6 Likes

I recently set up conduit with NixOS and am happy to help if needed. Here is an article on how I did it: ~/nat-418 - Self-hosting Matrix with an IRC bridge on NixOS

2 Likes