Logo Nominations

Please submit your nominations for the Aux logo. This topic will be closed in 72 hours. At which point a new topic with a poll will be used to vote for your favorite logo!

4 Likes

I will be the one to nominate @blue’s design with the colors picked out by @jacab:

(Discourse mobile isn’t letting me upload an image, @jacab if you want to post it in this topic that would be great)

3 Likes

PNG version. Original Inkscape SVG is in the post linked by @jakehamilton above.

20 Likes

Big fan of lambdas as the gills

svg available

(I just like making logos. Choosing something that already has traction probably makes more sense)

15 Likes

I’d like to make one with a happy face, but I just saw this topic and I work 7am to 7pm tomorrow. I didnt expect the logo vote to be so soon/short

4 Likes

I’ll add an additional 24 hours to the time frame so things close out on Friday instead of Thursday. After that I’ll be opening the polls for selecting the preferred logo. It would be nice to have one of these locked down so we can start playing with branding.

5 Likes

Thanks! That should give me enough time

1 Like

This is how I learned that those things on their heads are gills by the way. Ridiculously cool animals.

3 Likes

+1 for using lambdas in whichever design is used.

Chris
chris_debian

3 Likes

ᓬ(•ᴗ•)ᕒ

(which I’ve stolen from @Axel’s Nextcloud calendar page)

7 Likes

Maybe the idea is a little crazy, but what about both an image (as in painted) logo and a textual (as in represented by font characters) logo? With the former having more logo character in the traditional sense, and the latter being used for example in the CLI or in version output, etc.

3 Likes

In ᓬ(•ᴗ•)ᕒ, the gills can be seen as two capital lambdas on each side.

7 Likes

Without starting a logo design discussion in the nominations topic, I’ll say that I’m very interested in this and would like to explore the ascii art logo angle. If anyone has ideas or thoughts on it, please share them in the Aux Beauty Campaign topic.

For your consideration, feel free to play around with the raw SVG: Untitled / Dylan Madisetti | Observable

rigged up some of the attributes like color and head radius

2 Likes

Welp I had critical wedding-prep issues pop up today so looks like I won’t be getting the logo drafts posted by the deadline. Sorry for asking for the extension and then missing it.

If I don’t see the poll tomorrow morning ~5:30am CST I may try to sneak a logo in here around 7:30am CST.

4 Likes

I was going to start the poll tomorrow. If you can submit one before it starts then I’ll include it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

(I’ve got more on the way! And not just modifications. I just wanted to get at least one on here)

Happy Auxy - Transparent Background (changes: Eye Glimmer, Thickness adjusted)

Happy Auxy - Off-white outline, more thin outline, adjusted frills

8 Likes

No offense intended to any of the wonderful artists here, but isn’t it a bit early for logo voting? We have, what, 2 candidates?

I know the axolotl theme is exciting, but I’d like to see that excitement mature a bit as the ideas and goals sink in, and think also about logo placement and reception. There are some great Linux distro logos out there, suggestive of the name or theme, but also simple, easily represented in monochrome. I’ve got a NixOS logo on the side of my PC tower, and I think it looks great. I’m not so sure I’d put a colorful smiling axolotl on there.

4 Likes

Maybe this could be the interim design, and revisit in maybe 6 months?

5 Likes

Still really rough but here’s my draft in case it gets votes I can improve it later

5 Likes