Join us on Matrix

Hello all.

We are happy to announce we finally have a matrix :partying_face:

Ill skip straight to the point here is the link → https://matrix.to/#/#general:auxolotl.org

For those still curious to read on. We have a wiki page documenting Matrix | Auxolotl Wiki, the matrix space and its layout. Remember that this is a place where our “Auxioms” and CoC are going be enforced so be respectful.

Thank you for baring with us as we setup the server it was quite the wild ride with some really strange issues, but we got it done.

22 Likes

Is there a Matrix space to join as well?

Edit: Yes there is: You're invited to talk on Matrix

4 Likes

Nice! Now I just have to figure out how to gateway it back to some nice 1990s tech, because xkcd: Team Chat :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Once we have the infra, we’ll switch to unix talk on the build server

5 Likes

It’s real work, but Matrix has a lot of bridges. Internally at the company we actually use it as a hub - bridging in and out of a bunch of other services. So the internal Matrix server isn’t actually externally accessible - it just functions as a relay.

2 Likes

GitHub - progval/matrix2051: A Matrix gateway for IRC: connect to Matrix from your favorite IRC client. looks like it might be nice and simple for single-user dinosaurs like myself. Will give it a whirl later on!

6 Likes

It worked! (I found an old matrix account to use, so I’m tc424 there.)

4 Likes