Call for documentation translators

I want to make Aux more accessible to brazilian users.
I speak portuguese (native), english (fluent) and spanish (fluent).

4 Likes

Hello @srestegosaurio, you mentioned you wanted to help with translation - thanks!

What languages are you proficient in?

2 Likes

I’m a native Spanish speaker and while my orthography is not yet perfect I also speak Catalonian.
And I manage with English too.

3 Likes

I’m fluent in english and german, learning portuguese (beginner) now. Happy to contribute those language skills where needed.

1 Like

I’m near-native in Chinese and I’d love to help with localization in an attempt to help me understand the technical systems better, as well as making the docs more accessible as others have also mentioned.

2 Likes

I also would not mind helping translate the documentation to german

2 Likes

I would be happy to contribute to german documentation too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would like to contribute the italian translation

Reason: I’d love to make Aux known and accessible in Italy
Languages and fluency: italian (native), english (proficient, C1)

2 Likes

I am interested too about the german translation.

1 Like

I’m a native Japanese speaker, and although my English isn’t perfect, I’m interested in contributing to Japanese documentation. I can also speak Portuguese, but unfortunately, I’m unable to write in it.

2 Likes

I’m interested in the french translation :slight_smile:

I’m native in french, fluent in english (at least written).

1 Like

Thanks for all the replies, I’ll do my best to add you all to the translation team. I think a good place to start would be with this post

1 Like

Reason: I can help out if really needed (like maybe we’re short staffed for a review), but would like to put the primary focus of my efforts elsewhere.
Languages & fluency:

• Read:
    • Danish (professionally).
    • English (professionally).
    • Swedish (professionally).
    • Norwegian (professionally).
    • German (slow comprehension).
    • French (basic comprehension).
    • Dutch (basic comprehension).
    • Japanese (very basic comprehension).
  • Write:
    • Danish (professionally).
    • English (professionally).
    • Swedish (passable).
    • Norwegian (passable).
    • German (comprehensible).
    • French (slowly comprehensible).
    • Japanese (very slowly comprehensible).
9 Likes

where’s the “holy f**** s*** this is impressive” emojy?

3 Likes

Reason: I want to help and I don’t know much else, also I don’t think it will hurt to have documentation in a language I know.

Languages: Russian - Native, English - I think I am proficient

1 Like

Just a heads up we are currently rate limited for invites and team additons but feel free to to get started with some PRs to the website.

1 Like

It’s just a matter of formatting really - and time I suppose. The actual flow of thing is a lot more straight forward:

• Knowing Danish, it does not take a lot of practical application to have Swedish and Norwegian mostly down on this level (or the other way around). Decades (ouch) of working with colleagues speaking those languages as well as consulting there does not hurt ofc.
    • Interesting detail is I get quite tired if I try a full day of either - given the constant “they’re pretty much the same, but not quite” micro-adjustments, so when consulting I would usually only do that until lunch and then we would swap to EN after lunch.
  • English is taught 3rd grade up in DK and ofc. there’s plenty exposure in media & IT.
  • German & French are common choices for third language in DK grade school. Only you usually only get to pick one. My school had the “brilliant” idea of experimenting with our year, trying to teach us both at the same time. It went about as badly as you can imagine - hence “comprehensible”. I have had more need of German though, so doing better there than French.
  • Dutch is pretty interesting once you have a bit of French, German, English, and DK/SE/NO. No way I could hope to phrase anything, but following the news for example usually works.
  • Japanese is just personal interest and a year or two of Duolingo. ほんの少し日本語.

Hence just offering basic “is this someone trying to sneak in their armadillo rights manifesto?”-level review assist if we’re like really pressed for resources :wink:

5 Likes

Can I PM you about Japanese translation? I aim to accurately convey the intended meaning of the original text, but I might need to make some adjustments in wording to ensure it aligns well with the Japanese context. Additionally, I have a few questions I’d like to ask @jakehamilton, but later on

2 Likes

Having lived in NL, being fluent in DE/EN and some french I agree. Except for certain regions of the country where I just go :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Similar to CH I guess…

2 Likes

Feel free to ping if you have something you’d like input on, but keep all of the above caveats in mind - I barely understand the language :wink:

2 Likes