Aux Logo Selection

Continuing the discussion from Aux Beauty Campaign!:

What do we all think of @blue’s logo? Do we want it to be the logo for the ecosystem?

• Yes
  • No
0 voters
3 Likes

I really it and w/ @Axel’s variant of the thick outline :grin:

1 Like

Let’s say that slight variations like that are a “yes” here.

3 Likes

that’s why the design files are public! it’s infinitely wallpaper-able, and micro-communities can come up with their own spins on it.

also, i’m not voting here, because that would kind of be putting my thumb on the scale. (edit: jake said its ok so i did)

1 Like

I will be giving my boy a small hat

4 Likes

I was waiting for you to say this… vote! It’s totally okay, you’re a member of the community too :slight_smile:

1 Like

if this gets accepted, i can clean up the layers and put it on github in every format and every size i can think of.

1 Like

you should probably only keep one source format, a few PNG sizes + colour alts

Can the poll be between multiple logos instead of a yes and no? I don’t like this one as much as the old one with just the face, this looks eldritch and wants to eat my flesh

1 Like

SVG can scale to any size, so we only need to push the SVG and make a derivation that uses inkscape or imagemagick to export standard image sizes (64, 128, 256, 512, 1024)

1 Like

feel free to vote no! my feelings won’t be hurt, and if people don’t like it then we can pick or make another one. this one doesn’t have a mouth, unlike the old one, but i’m sure someone will OwO one on before the end of the week. i’m also willing to take constructive criticism to a point, so if it gets selected (or not) we can further refine it.

I was a little harsh, but I do like it! I just think I prefer the older head more, it felt a little warmer. I just want the poll to have more options.

2 Likes

Here is a small derivation to build various PNG sizes from the SVG logo:

(assuming you have ./auxolotl.svg)

pkgs.stdenv.mkDerivation {
  name = "auxolotl-logo-png";
  src = ./auxolotl.svg;

dontUnpack = true;
  buildInputs = [ pkgs.inkscape ];

buildPhase = ''
    for size in 64 128 256 512 1024; do
      inkscape -w $size -h $size $src -o auxolotl-$size.png
    done
  '';

installPhase = ''
    mkdir -p $out

find . -type f -name "auxolotl-*.png" | xargs -i cp {} $out/{} 
  '';
};

It outputs the following files:

2 Likes

tomorrow i can work on also getting that run through an SVG optimizer like svgo and output as a tiny standards-compliant svg.

Already made 2 optimized versions, check here

yeah, i just figured having that aggressive optimization be a part of the standard build pipeline would be useful, even if we never end up changing the logo again, just as a reference.

You are welcome to try add it to the derivation I made

1 Like

Ah that’s a good point. Let’s say this poll was just for fun and we can make a new topic showing all the logos and a poll between them. I’ll give people a day to submit them first before we do that.

1 Like

in this case i say @Sigma’s colorful designs of my logo shape should stand in place of my b+w ones.

3 Likes

For all the other cool art (both present and future) don’t worry, as the original post mentioned there’s a whole ecosystem to paint! Lot’s of art are going to be needed overtime.