Aux Beauty Campaign!

Here is the colorized version, with the latest patch applied
I also fixed the axolotl bounding box, and center it properly (see second image)
Lastly I apply the previous SVG fixes (remove Inkscape annotations, minify, shorten paths, merge layers, fix background) to make it smaller (3.22k to 1.06k)

auxolotl

2 Likes

thank you so much!

[discourse reply padding]

Wait I used the old color scheme I’m so dumb

1 Like

you have no idea how many times i have uploaded the images incorrectly, or used an old version, etc. don’t feel bad lol

1 Like

Here is the colorized version, with the latest patch applied
I also fixed the axolotl bounding box, and center it properly (see second image)
Lastly I apply the previous SVG fixes (remove Inkscape annotations, minify, shorten paths, merge layers, fix background) to make it smaller (3.22k to 1.06k)

black_and_white

Also made a compacted version for the black and white one:

colour

Here is the bounding box issue I talked earlier with the computer pixels
so [165.49 160, 128 160] to [151 150, 132 132]

:sweat_smile:

[why it needs 20 characters aaaaaaaaaa]

Playing around with some artwork ideas. Not for a logo, but stuff that would fit as additional artwork on project pages.

11 Likes

Axolotl gills could be stylized to suggest a snowflake.

3 Likes

I vote for that photo! Where is it written that a logo can’t be a photo? It already has high contrast. We could reduce the colour pallette if necessary.

Do you have the SVG for this one?

auxolotl

Any thoughts on something like this?

10 Likes

thats an arachxolotl. or a frogxolotl

4 Likes

I like their happy little face but the body is… weird to me somehow. I feel like just the head would be pretty though.

2 Likes

here’s the svg

auxolotl

3 Likes

Oh this is awesome! :smile:

I really like this character. Can it become the official logo / mascot somehow (without computer, etc.) ?

1 Like

Almost certainly not the official logo (see Aux Logo Selection), but possibly a mascot. We’ll need some artists to make more mascotty/cartoon Auxolotl art… certainly it could be a thing to suggest to artists as a thing people have liked the look of

3 Likes

if you leave away the computers shadow, this could be easily printed onto a tshirt since it’s (from first glance) a single color :thinking:

2 Likes

I’ll extract it and see how it would look at a smaller size. May work well for a mascot image.

3 Likes

I like this, but for some reason it gives me horror vibes. Maybe the glint in the eye needs to be on the same side instead of mirrored? Or maybe not having a black background, or maybe the frills being smaller? I’m not sure. Its really close though

1 Like