Aux Beauty Campaign!

I didn’t see his message in the other thread. I too am a sucker for purple.

3 Likes

I’m trying to visualise more ideas, and llama apparently doesn’t understand what a “lambda” or a “2D drawing” is…

1 Like

so long as the final product is not AI :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Yeah I was about to say we may have to use an interim logo until we can pay an artist, or find someone who is willing to volunteer. I was just ideating, since I can’t draw lol

Agreed. Perhaps as a method of exploring some ideas quickly it can be useful, but our final asset should be human made with all the love and flaws that come with it.

5 Likes

I attempted making a logo draft on “cable” idea, but it’s probably way too confusing.

2 Likes

made a logo from the plug shape alone

1 Like

Looks a lot more like ‘IUX’ than ‘aux’ imo. I can see both but uppercase vs lowercase is a little hard to tell

1 Like

yeah, i don’t particularly like this version

I like the last one from @trespaul

And here’s another starter one. Got some AI weirdness, but could be a good base color pallet

@jakehamilton I think we should throw one of these on the github org profile, because any of them are better than
Screen Shot 2024-05-01 at 4.16.29 PM

I don’t think we need to rush. I’d rather Aux be known for getting things right even if it takes a few days rather than hastily throwing something at the wall.

3 Likes

I do like the colors in this one, very pleasing!

i’m loving what i see, but again it may be a good idea to go for legibility and recognizability here. we can do both of those and still have a super cute logo! even though it sounds weird, a lot of people do judge projects by their logos - people see skeumorphism and think old, they see a lot of complexity and think it’s a complex project, and they see a smile and think friendly!

the intersection of simple and friendly is where we want to be.

1 Like

I do want to warn against using AI, I’m sure you’ve all heard the talking points already

4 Likes

honestly playing around in Inkscape is way more fun than using AI (imo) anyway, just make sure to put it on a grid and you’ll be going in no time.

1 Like

I tried making something based on that (not really usable, and off-grid), and currently I got an idea of cable as tail.

7 Likes

Okay, in that case I think the Logo should be something that the steering committee should vote on. I was just thinking of throwing something up quick in the meantime. I’ll let the real artists handle this thread.

I kind of hope the icon will be something like this with better colors/proportions but mostly a face

2 Likes

another auxolotl design, this time humanized a little

2 Likes

i think the auxolotl logo may be getting a little too complex to use effectively at small sizes, i may try and improvise something tomorrow.

2 Likes

Definitely giving me big :3 vibes

4 Likes