Suggestion: use project management tools for roadmap and other project management

Just to check I made a board on my instance and gave it public read/write acess. Welp never mind that didn’t want to work

Double never mind, take a look here Vikunja.

6 Likes

No more open source than GitHub, but JetBrains Space is extremely cool software (we host a couple of internal instances). And JetBrains are usually very cool about supporting open source projects.

3 Likes

I’ve received a full product pack for working on open source from them once before as well

2 Likes

I can see the board without logging in, but wasn’t able to add. Nice!

1 Like

Aww, ill take a look when i get a chance.

1 Like

So I can confirm that I can add a new task from list view but it’s the same error from kanban view. I can add from list view even if I use a private window (it shows an authenticating banner when it loads).
Happy to test more later!

1 Like

Randomly got arround to look at my instance again…

Interesting to see that people could add, but only If your logged in you could actually see the added tasks. Likely some kind of bug. Looks like something to report upstream.

Has a decision been made somewhere on vikunja vs plane?

From Steering Committee 2024-05-15

So, no clear answer but neither at the current moment.

2 Likes

Thank you, I hadn’t seen the notes.

2 Likes

Adding an item/ requirement that just came up in the COMSEC meeting:

Some processes in the Security field require private spaces to do work with strict access control. Some examples that came up:

• Incident Response, where a security event has happened within Aux that needs to be worked through. This might include private information and/ or sensitive information like crypto keys
  • Responsible disclosure for security vulnerabilities, where security researchers reach out to get issues resolved and updated with enough lead time, so that by the time the vulnerability gets publicized it is very likely that affected users have already updated their software.

Whichever software we are planning to use should support this use-case, ideally through RBAC (role based access control).

3 Likes