Can I help with Infrastruture?

This makes sense, let me know when you get the infra repo going, or a SIG or a channel. Myself and @coded would love to lend expertise wherever possible!

4 Likes

Awesome will do, thank you both so much!!!

4 Likes

Aye! Count me in too!
I love tinkering with infra. :smiley:

2 Likes

:raised_hand: Another raised hand from for infra.
Been doing my own personal since forever + infrastructure security & applied cryptography professionally

3 Likes

I can help with server/OS maintenance (and cloud/Kubernetes admin if needed).

2 Likes

Just saw this cool new software this morning for an automated review bot for nixpkgs, perhaps we could make use of it. Though it might need some changes to work with our forge.

2 Likes

Those coming here to read about infra should also go checkout

2 Likes

I’m very time, energy, and brain-power poor these days, but I still like to tinker with infrastructure stuff, though I’m probably getting a bit out of date. Realistically it would be unfair of me to commit to real maintainership/admin, but I’d love to help troubleshoot and kick ideas around when I’m able.

There was some fedi discussion about possible experimental peer-to-peer binary cache solutions. Again there’s probably a limit to what I can do, but I have access to a couple of self-hosted mini-servers in different locations with a little bit of bandwidth and storage. I’d be happy to spin up some lightweight experimental containers to help with any proof-of-concept stage, even if those servers would be of pretty limited use as part of a full-scale public deployment.

3 Likes

@jakehamilton perhaps offtopic, but it would be awesome if the source for aux.computer was placed on the github org!

1 Like

Yes that’s the plan! Doing some irl things at the moment so I won’t get to it until later.

1 Like

@jakehamilton I wonder if some more people could have invite permission over on the GitHub org - it seems to me that GitHub Organization Membership is likely to become a bottleneck otherwise. Perhaps some people from different timezones if we know them?

1 Like

I agree, part of extending those responsibilities is expanding ownership of the org. Right now I’m not sure who would fit that role particularly well. Happy to hear from anyone who feels they would be able to help out.

I’ll happily nominate myself, I’m in UTC currently and will have to go to bed soon though, so may not be enough if it becomes a bottleneck tonight.

2 Likes

I’m willing to lend a hand and cover from AEST (GMT+10), if needed.

2 Likes

Can lend a hand from EST (UTC-4) here as well

3 Likes

I can lend a hand too. UTC +5:30 here.

2 Likes

I’ve added @minion, @srxl, @coded, and @Axel as fellow owners of the GitHub repository. Thank you for helping with the clerical work!

5 Likes

If we need more hands. I can help too. UTC -7 until October (moving to Denmark)

I’m a Staff DevOps Engineer professionally, so I can help with any automation, infra stuff, or backend code.

3 Likes

Everyone who has made a post in GitHub Organization Membership - #63 by isabel has been invited to the infra committee.

3 Likes

:raised_hand: I can help with infra and clerical work also. Infrastructure silliness is my day job, and I’ve also constructed little nix-based Rube Goldberg machines. I don’t have a clear idea of what open items there are, or if infra is already oversubscribed, but if I can help, I’m happy to.

3 Likes